Pinkston Law Group, P.C.
Pinkston Law Group, P.C. is looking to hire a Part-Time Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal
Provide a full range of secretarial, clerical, and administrative support to legal staff.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- update, record, and monitor deadlines for attorney and law office calendars
- answer telephones, greet clients, and take messages
- conduct initial client interview
- plan and schedule consultations and appointments
- respond and provide information to clients and potential clients
- coordinate client billing process and payment plans
- process, update status, and track legal work and reports
- collect and retrieve information from files as needed
- provide administrative support including copying, scanning, and faxing to make office paperless
- set up, organize, and maintain paper and electronic filing systems in accordance with recognized procedures and standards
- create, format, revise, and edit legal documents affidavits, complaints, motions, subpoenas, discovery, to name a few
- process and distribute documents
- gather case evidence and documentation including medical records, statement of charges, client, and witness statements
- review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure accuracy
- prepare files for court for attorney
- other administrative and paralegal tasks as necessary
- Associate’s degree, but Bachelor’s degree preferred, paralegal certification a plus
- in-depth working knowledge of relevant computer programs including MS Office (Word is mandatory), Adobe, Rocket Matter, and CLIO are preferable
- experience with litigation computer applications, preferable
- experience with document management systems, preferable
- knowledge of law practices, preferable
- knowledge of legal records and procedures, preferable
- knowledge of applicable document development processes, preferable
Key Job Skills and Competencies
- energetic and eager to work from start to finish
- planning and organizational skills
- able to adapt to changing priorities and demands
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- attention to detail and accuracy
- problem analysis and resolution
- sound judgment and decision-making skills
- information collection and management
- able to effectively handle sensitive and confidential information
- ability to work effectively as part of a team
- able to work well under pressure
Experience: 1 year or more is preferred, but not required
Work Location: Chicago Loop
Schedule: Mon. thru Thurs. 9:30 am- 3:00 pm or 10:00 am- 3:30 pm (20 hours per week).
Pay: Starting at $14.00 per hour, with the potential for increase after 90 days.
References: Two (2) professional and non-relative references are required.
Respond: Please send resume (pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Name (Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal Applicant) on the subject line.